Nav Bar




         

Monday, December 9, 2013

A Week in Style

Last week was the first full week of work I've had since I started. To be honest, I was a little scared that I wouldn't survive it haha. But it really wasn't bad!! The days actually went by pretty fast and before I knew it, I was heading to my girlfriend's apartment for our Crazy Fatties secret Santa exchange/anniversary (but more on that later). 

Throughout the week I thought it would be fun to document my outfits every day. I think my main purpose for this was to make sure I kept going through the week and to give me something to look forward to every morning. 

Take a look!


On Monday I went with the basics. Grey pinstriped pants from Zara (similar), a white tee from Uniqlo, my Urban Outfitters blazer with leather detailing (similar), and Steve Madden booties (similar).


Tuesday was all about mixing it up. I love mixing plaid and leather! There's just something so relaxed yet still put together about it. I wore black jeggings from Dor L' Dor (love this boutique!), a grey basic tee from Uniqlo, plaid shirt from Forever 21, a black leather jacket from Express, and Steven Madden combat boots (similar).


Hump day called for comfort! I threw on some black leggings from Forever 21, a basic white tee, the softest cardigan from Forever 21 (old; similar), and cognac riding boots from Franco Sarto (old; similar). I topped it off with a pashmina I got some time ago in NYC.


This is the outfit I'm most upset about. I had this whole big idea of how I wanted to wear these shorts...sheer black tights, cute girly top, maybe even a statement necklace. When the morning came, my brain was so foggy that I couldn't tell a top from a pair of stockings. The mess of this outfit didn't stop while getting dressed -- I ripped my stockings once I got to the office. Luckily there's a Duane Reade a block away! Any who...I decided on making the outfit a bit more casual than I initially intended. I paired the black Uniqlo shorts (old; similar) with another basic white tee (can you tell I like basics?), a dusty rose colored cardigan from Forever 21(similar), and a knit beanie from Aldo (old; similar). It didn't turn out too bad, but expect to see another outfit that truly honors the shorts!


TGIF!! Friday was definitely a "Casual Friday" in the office for me. I rocked my new Pink Floyd graphic tee from Target (similar) underneath my Lauren Conrad blazer from Kohl's, a leather pair of jeggings from Dor L' Dor, and my trusty Converse. I dressed the outfit up a bit with a statement necklace from H&M (old; similar).

Getting these pictures right before running out to catch the train was a bit hard, but it was definitely worth it! I love being able to look back on my outfit choices. It kind of reminds of my mood/vibe of the day.


What was your favorite outfit?!





Link up with: Simple Easy Style



1 comment :

  1. Wow, Christina! Love these looks that I can't pick a fave :) Adore that your style is so comfy, fun, and full of bubbly personality.

    Thanks for sharing your looks - I think I need to be more diligent and do something like this in the future :)

    Visiting from the linkup. I'd love for you to come over by blog too and leave your thoughts on my latest pos or maybe follow each other: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete