Nav Bar




         

Monday, October 28, 2013

Nioxin System 3 Review

After seeing a couple reviews on YouTube on the Nioxin brand shampoos and conditioners, specifically the level 3 treatment for normal to thin-looking, fine, chemically treated hair. What is it supposed to do? "System 3 is specially designed for normal to thin-looking, fine, chemically treated hair. It amplifies hair texture while refreshing the scalp and providing moisture balance to colored hair." -Nioxin The YouTuber that I had heard about this product from claimed that it helped grow her hair healthier and thicker. Who wouldn't want to have that?!

Source: Nioxin

 A little back ground on my hair: I have been dying, bleaching, and using heat on my hair since freshman year of high school (over 9 years). Naturally, I have wavy/curly/frizzy hair with a lot of thin strands. I've always complained that my hair is too thin, doesn't grow, and just "blah."

Fast forward almost a decade and I am trying everything I can to treat my hair better in order to achieve healthy, shiny, long hair. I've started taking Biotin pills, those "Hair, Skin, & Nails" pills, and try to use minimal heat with the most protection. So to say my hair was a complete disaster and in dire need of this treatment would be a lie. I just thought, hey it works for others with similar hair types, why not try it out?

Well, after I finally caved in to spend the ridiculous amount of money for a single shampoo and conditioner, I used it for the first time tonight. At first I wasn't thinking too much about what was going on. I was just going about my usual shower routine. One thing I did notice was the minty smell the shampoo had to it. It's not my favorite smell, especially for beauty products, but I didn't hate it. It wasn't until I applied the conditioning treatment that I began to get a little curious. My scalp started to feel really, really tingly. And not like a "ooh that tingles," more like a "umm that doesn't feel right." After I got out of the shower and got dressed, I immediately went online to research whether or not it was normal to have that tingling sensation. Lo and behold, other users experienced the same feeling and noted that it could be due to the treatment working at your scalp (PHEW!). But I was still unsettled...probably because I am a self-diagnosed hypochondriac haha. I continued to do some more research and read more reviews. The comments were pretty much 50-50 between people that felt it truly helped them and swear by the products, and those who felt that it only added to their hair loss and dry, damaged hair.

My personal opinion and experience? I honestly just think I freaked myself out with the "negative" comments. If there is anything I freak out over and tend to be more of a perfectionist than usual with, it's my hair. So when I felt that unfamiliar tingly sensation and, on top of that, read (rare) horror stories of people's hair falling out, I kind of bugged. I ran upstairs and washed my hair again with my mom's shampoo...just to be safe.

BUT THESE KIND OF THINGS CAN HAPPEN WITH ANY PRODUCTS! I am in no way saying that these products don't work. There is still the possibility that this line could actually do wonders for my hair. But they just aren't for me. Between the smell, the tingling feeling, and the idea that it could not mix well with my sensitive hair, I'll just stick to the basics. I'm actually bummed that my body didn't agree with the products considering the potential of what could have improved. Nonetheless, I think research should be done before using products of this quality, especially for those of you with sensitive tendencies. I read numerous reviews and testimonies from users that felt it turned their hair around 180 degrees. They felt that no other products they have tried could repair the damage that had already been done to their hair. So please remember that this is just my experience, not facts!!!

So what about you guys?! 

Have you tried these products and had a different experience? I would love to know if maybe I just jumped too soon to judge. Are there any products you swear by for your hair?

Let me know!

always,

Disclosure: This post is solely my opinion and my personal experience with the products.

No comments :

Post a Comment